Staff VacanciesWork for us | Volunteer for us
A chance to further your professional sailing career with one of the foremost youth sail training providers in the UK. Voyages range from youth residential sail training weeks and day sailing for profoundly disabled young people, to a small number of commercial adult voyages to destinations such as the Isles of Scilly, the Channel Islands, and the Paimpol Sea Shanty Festival in Brittany every other year.
Full time work
We currently have no vacancies.
If you are interested in Skipper or Mate relief work and have the following skills and attributes:
- Qualified to Yachtmaster Offshore level (Skipper – essential / Mate – preferred but not essential)
- In-date medical qualification e.g. ENG1 or ML5 (essential)
- Hold a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate, or are prepared to undertake DBS check
- Experienced in working with young people (preferred but not essential)
- Able to understand the (sometimes complex) needs of others and moderate working practices and approaches accordingly
- Empathic and compassionate
- A good team player and excellent communicator
Then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01752 823007.
We would also be pleased to hear from you if you are aged 18 or over, have free time to give and are interested in voluntary work, particularly helping us with the vessel winter refits.
If you apply to work or volunteer for The Island Trust or its trading subsidary, we will only use the information you give us to process your application. If we want to disclose information to someone outside our organisation – for example, if we need a reference, or need to get a ‘disclosure’ from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) – we will make sure we tell you beforehand, unless we are required to disclose this information by law.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we will hold your personal information for six months after we have finished recruiting the post you applied for. After this date we will destroy or erase your information. Successful applicants will be provided with information about how their details will be used during the appointment process.